WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama can appreciate a team overcoming long odds. [url=http://www.authenticthunderauthority.com/t

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 09.03.2018 07:03

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama can appreciate a team overcoming long odds. Terrance Ferguson Jersey . Welcoming the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks to the White House on Wednesday, Obama took note that some football analysts hadnt seen Seattle as a top-tier team. A die-hard fan of his hometown Chicago Bears, Obama nevertheless said he felt a certain kinship with the overachieving Seahawks. "As a guy who was elected president named Barack Obama, I root for the underdog," the president joked. The Seahawks clinched their first Super Bowl victory in the history of the franchise in February by beating the Denver Broncos 43-8. The distinction for the team and by extension for the NFL came a day after a group of retired players accused the league in a lawsuit of turning a blind eye to the use of painkillers by teams that later led to serious complications. Obama has expressed misgivings about the violence of the sport, saying in an interview with the New Yorker published early this year that if he had a son he would not let him play pro football. Next week, Obama will hold a White House meeting on concussions and sports safety at the White House that will include young athletes, professional athletes, parents, coaches and health experts. In a nod to that controversy, Obama took note of Seahawks owner Paul Allens charitable foundation that has donated millions of dollars to research traumatic brain injuries. "Obviously this is a concern of the NFL, but is also a concern of our troops," Obama said. Obama singled out the teams outspoken cornerback, Richard Sherman, for being a role model to young people. Sherman was born in Compton, California, once a centre of gang activity and a city that suffered from severely underperforming schools. Sherman however was a standout student who attended Stanford University on a scholarship. "If he seems a little brash, its because youve got to have attitude sometimes if you are going to overcome some of this adversity," Obama said. He also recognized Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, who many scouts believed would be too small to succeed in the NFL only to set a record for most wins in two first seasons by any quarterback. "He also became only the second African-American quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl," Obama said. "And the best part about it is nobody commented on it, which tells you the progress that weve made, although weve got more progress to make." Gary Payton Jersey .com) - Maria Sharapova reached her 10th career grand slam final after beating Ekaterina Makarova in straight sets at the Australian Open on Thursday. Raymond Felton Jersey . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep. http://www.authenticthunderauthority.com/patrick-patterson-thunder-jersey-c-27/ . - Chelseas 1-0 win at the Etihad, spoiling Manchester Citys perfect home record continues to be the talking point of the week.Lewis Hamilton has vowed to remain active across social media channels, despite being dogged by more controversy ahead of the new F1 season. The Mercedes driver was investigated by police in New Zealand after he allegedly filmed himself riding a Harley Davidson on a motorway and posted it on Snapchat.The two clips were apparently recorded while Hamilton stopped off in Auckland on his way to Melbourne for the season-opening Australian GP. But Hamilton, who has over three million followers on Twitter, is adamant tthat he will not ease up on his social media activities. Enes Kanter Jersey. That is my channel to the people that do follow me, he told Sky Sports News HQ on Thursday.Theres people out here that have come from a long, long way away and that interaction I have with them - I personally enjoy it. Some of them may, and some of them may not, but I love doing it and so Im going to keep doing it.The first race of the 2016 F1 season, the Australian GP, is exclusively live on Sky Sports F1. The race in Melbourne starts at 5am on Sunday March 20. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

A 12-game winning streak has landed the Boston Bruins on top of the TSN. [url=http://www.usasoccerauthority.com/ethan-horvath-us
MIAMI -- For the first time all season, the Miami Heat are alone atop the Eastern Conference. [url=http://www.nbakingsonline.com

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen